Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Test Feedback...

After listening to your disappointments yesterday...I thought I'd give you a place to commiserate together...Here's the challenge: I got the impression from you that you thought the test was too hard. That may be possible, although from my perspective as the class instructor, I actually thought that most of the questions were exactly what you should have been expecting.

Here are some more observations:

1. At least 4 of you didn't bother to create a formula sheet...?

2. There were plenty of blank responses on your tests.

3. As we progressed through the unit, I think I gave you plenty of opportunity to ask questions in class, especially as we got closer to the test itself...

Now back to the challenge...

Specifically, what did you do to prepare for the test?

and more importantly, specifically, what are you going to do to prepare for the next test?

and lastly, What constructive criticism do you have for me about your perceptions of the test?

Seriously, although I think this will be hard for you to do, feel free to provide feedback. You're my students, and believe it or not, I care about your progress and your success in my class...

Keep the comments constructive and not bashing, but share if you care to, and they will be posted.

RM

4 comments:

Dave said...

To prepare for a test I usually look over my notes for a while and hope I do ok. For the next test I plan on making a study sheet because I think it would have helped out on the test. I thought the test was not too bad except for #1 I had no idea what was going on there yup but ah ya I hope I did alright

Hilary said...

To prepare for my test I looked over all the notes we got in class, and looked over the questions we did in class. For my formula sheet I wrote out everything that I thought would help me during my test. For me, the formula sheet didn't seem to help, I don't think I looked at it once. For next test I want to study more and ask more questions if I don't understand something

Richie48 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dubyk said...

Sorry for being so late. All did to perpare for the test is that I made a formula sheet, and did some Accerrated Math. For the next test I think I should study a little bit more than I did. I thought the test was hard, the one I had trouble was # 1 and the cone question.