Monday, June 18, 2007

Acc. Math Question About Measures of Interior Angles,

So I was supposed blog last week, and I had no idea. My bad, so here is my blog. Captian Kolan came up to me today and asked me to help him with this accelerated math question. The question was:



"Find the measure of an interior angle of a regular heptagon. Round to the nearest degree, if necessary."



A) 129 degrees

B) 120 degrees

C) 903 degrees

D) 140 degrees



To do this question you need to use the formula "(n-2)*180" to find out what the sum of the interior angles are. n is the number of sides that the figure has. A heptagon has 7 sides....so...

(7-2)*180= 900

Now that you know that the sum of the interior angles is 900 degrees you take 900 and divide it by 7.

900/7=129

So the answer is A) 129 degrees

I hope this might help you guys a bit, and good luck on the exam!

No comments: